VISA REG also comes in an ideal format for people with a small vegetable orchard or garden
(between 12 and 15 m2) and who want to install an efficient and ecological irrigation system.
The URBAN GARDEN KIT contains everything needed to install 5 irrigation lines: 5 m of PE pipe,
39 accessories and 25 m of VISA REG exuding pipe.
25 m of exuding pipe VISA REG [VREGTUB-16MR]
1 Fast threaded tap 3/4” – 1/2” [CR-16]
1 Threaded main connection 1/2” – 16 mm ø [ME-16]
4 T-joints 16 mm ø [DT-16]
3 90º Elbows 16 mm ø [CD-16]
5 Valves 16 mm ø [VM-16]
10 Pressure clamps 16 mm ø [CAE-16]
5 Standard plugs 16 mm ø [TP-16]
5 m of polyethylene supply pipe 16 mm ø
5 Sections of 15 cm of polyethylene supply pipe of 16 mm ø [TBC 16-2.5A]
POROUS PIPE FOR LOCAL
VISA REG is a revolutionary exudation irrigation system formed
by a technical textile pipe that produces a continuous controlled
flow of water that is uniform throughout its length and surface.
This irrigation system is a clear example of innovation and the
application of technical textiles in agriculture and gardening.
Thanks to its flexible structure and pores, the VISA REG pipe has
characteristics that make it an excellent tool for local irrigation.
It remains unaltered by temperature changes and other weather
conditions, is not blocked by lime and works on the surface or
underground, constantly and stably oxygenating the soil.
ECOLOGICAL IRRIGATION SYSTEM
- Maximum irrigation efficiency, saving water and energy.
- Made in non-toxic materials.
- Easy to cleau & reusable.
WATER SAVINGS OF BETWEEN 50% AND 60% COMPARED
TO TRADITIONAL IRRIGATION SYSTEMS
- Allows 100m lines to be installed and fed from just one end.
- Or 200 m lines fed from both ends of the VISA REG hose.
- Maximum working slope of 2% to 3% of the irrigation lines.
- On steep land (>3%), the pressure may need to be adjusted for even irrigation.
WORKS AT LOW PRESSURE WITHOUT PUMPS OR DEVICES
- No energy costs.
- Also suitable for use in pressure installations.
- Recommended working pressure 0,4 to 1 bar.
LEAVES SOIL SPONGY AND OXYGENATED
- Permanent, controlled and uniform moisture.
- Can be installed on the surface, covered or underground.
- It must always be in contact with the ground
- It is not necessary to purge the irrigation system of air: it is expelled through the porous wall at the beginning and during irrigation.
COMPATIBLE WITH FERTILISERS AND PLANT CARE PRODUCTS
- Allows wather-soluble fertilisers and plant care products to be supplied through the irrigation installation.
FILTRATION NOT NEEDED WITH DRINKING WATER
- For non-drinking waters, 130 to 150 micron filters recommended.
- Chalky and ferruginous waters (without the presence of organic material) do not affect the system.
LIGHT, FLEXIBLE, STRONG AND 100% POROUS STRUCTURE
- Its flexibility avoids the danger of lime blockage.
- Made in materials resistant to abrasion, UV rays and the weather.
- 15 bar maximum bursting pressure.
- Unaffected by changes in temperature, no variation in the irrigation line.
- Waether-resistant, unalterable in length and uniformity.
- Wind does not affect water distribution.
- When it is buried, the natural vacuum of the water in the pipe formed when the irrigation is complete makes it difficult for roots to enter.
LOWER INSTALLATION COST COMPARED WITH OTHER SYSTEMS
- Easy to handle, pack and transport.
- Very little volume: one linear metre of VISA REG weighs 20 grams and 200m take up a volume of 6L.
VISA REG GUARANTEE
- Technical textile systell made in Europe.
- 5-years guarantee on operation
USES STANDARD 16 MM ACCESSORIES
- Adaptable and compatible withh any existing installation.
- Compatible with market accessories of Ø 16 mm.
- The range of Ø 16 mm VISA REG accessories is recommanded.
- In gardening and landscaping: parterres, motorways, green spaces, hedges, flowerbeds, gardens, plantations, lawns, terraces, trees, etc.
- In greenhouses: horticultural, flowers, hydroponics, seedbeds, etc.
- In the country: fruit, plantations, horticultural, cotton, vines, flowers,
tobacco, palm trees, etc.
IRRIGATION USING THE VISA REG EXUDING PIPE
In the porous system of the soil, the VISA REG porous pipe forms a continuous capillary system with the soil surrounding it, and together they are subject to the hydraulic laws governing the state and movement of water in the ground. Passing water through the VISA REG porous pipe is therefore equivalent to supplying water to the whole of this porous pipe-soil system.
Exudation irrigation is more effective when the porous pipes are buried, as the effect of the
localised irrigation takes the water and the nutritive substances (fertirrigation) straight to the root
system of the cultivated plants. When it is installed on the surface, it is recommendable to cover the porous pipe with earth to establish greater interaction between VISA REG and the porosity of the soil.
In more or less dry ground, the water exuded through the porous pipe is subject to the suction
or negative hydraulic force of the dry ground and is distributed through the soil by capillarity and
gravity. As a result, the waterfront is displaced in all directions through the porous pipe, as well as to the side and upwards.
When the soil water content is reduced due to the extraction of the plants, the soil increases its
suction of the water in the porous pipe, which also increases the exuded flow, maintaining a
suitable level of moisture in the soil for the crops.
This automatic water flow adjustment
allows irrigation to be adjusted directly
by the soil-plant system, which establishes
the water demand of the VISA REG porous
pipe in line with the needs of the plants and
without water losses below the root area.
Furthermore, the evapo-transpired water
is constantly restored by the porous pipe
and maintains optimum moisture in the root
area, giving optimal development to the
crops and achieving high production levels.
The water flow exuded by VISA REG
depends on the irrigation pressure, on the
moisture in the soil and its suction, which
in turn depends on the structure of the
soil, its proportion of sand, lime and clay.
FOR THE SAME CROP OUTPUT, WITH THE VISA REG SYSTEM,
THE AMOUNT OF WATER CONSUMED IS CLEARLY LOWER THAN THAT
OF OTHER LOCALISED IRRIGATION SYSTEMS.
The VISA REG pipe is stretched out manually or mechanically on the ground like a tape and is cut with scissors or a knife to the necessary length for the irrigation line. VISA REG must always be in contact with the ground for the irrigation to work properly. The range of 16 mm VISA REG accessories is recommended for its connections and correct installation.
If the pipe is buried, one or two irrigations should be performed before the ground is compacted.
If there is a slope, it must be of a maximum 2-3%. For steeper slopes, the irrigation lines must be set out following the level curves, and their pressure
must be adjusted in the feed pipe.
UNIFORM IRRIGATION LINE
The water, which is exuded through the tiny pores of the textile porous pipe wall, produces a continuous, wide and uniform strip of moisture the length of the irrigation lines.
IRRIGATION WITH PRESSURE
The working pressure recommended for uniform irrigation with VISA REG is 0.4 to 1 bar. A pressurised irrigation installation basically consists of the irrigation head, the water distribution network and the VISA REG porous pipes.
The irrigation head is the set of elements that filter, treat, measure and supply the water to the
distribution network, in other words the pumping system, filtering system, watering and fertilising
equipment and control devices (manometers, flow gauges, valves, programmers, etc.)
The distribution network is formed by the pipes that take the filtered and treated water from the
head, and the singular elements or parts to adapt the network of pipes to the shape or layout of the plot to be watered, for instance joints and other accessories. The pipe leaving the head is called the main pipe. The area to be watered is divided into irrigation units following certain criteria: surface area, crop, soil, etc., the pipe supplying each irrigation unit being known as secondary.
The so-called side pipes are supplied by a tertiary pipe and correspond to the VISA REG porous pipes.
The surface watered by each tertiary pipe is called an irrigation sub unit. The tertiary and normally
the secondary pipes are installed in polyethylene, whereas the main pipe may be in polyethylene or
PVC, depending on its diameter. PVC pipes are usually used with diameters of more than 50 mm, and polyethylene pipes for diameters of up to 50 mm.
With VISA REG it is also possible to water by gravity from a tank raised to a height of 2 m (watering pressure 0.2 bar).
With VISA REG in gravity irrigation, no pressure pumps are needed, so the VISA REG irrigation is efficient and ecological without consuming energy.
VISA REG can be buried for underground irrigation and allows water and fertilisers to be applied directly on the roots.
The depth and separation of the underground VISA REG lines are determined by the type of soil and the plant to be watered (grass, vegetables, vineyard, fruit, etc.).
The underground watering system makes more efficient use of the water because the surface of the ground remains dry and less water is lost through evaporation. Furthermore, as the surface of the ground remains dry, fewer weeds are produced and the use of herbicides is not so necessary.
Therefore in public and private parks and gardens, the underground watering does not interfere with their visual design and appearance and no buildings, footpaths or walking areas are wetted. In public green areas, the installations are also better protected from damage and vandalism.